Thursday 18 March 2010

Jeremy Harmer Lectures

I had quite a bit of spare time today (don't say, "Lucky you", because I've got 12 lessons tomorrow!) and I was watching some of Jeremy Harmer's conference speeches to try and pick up some tips from the "TEFL master".

Surely, you have all come across him before at some point, at least through the standard text 'The Practice of English Language Teaching', among others.

His speech on ideas for working with (and controlling) very large EFL classes were not new for me, but it was good to get a reminder of them, seeing as I haven't taught such big classes for a long time.

The lecture on motivating English students also contained lots of common sense stuff, that was put across in a very entertaining way. Again, good for just brushing up on methodological ideas.

If you've got an hour or two for some infotainment, then Jezza's your man!

No comments:

Post a Comment